Saturday, May 22, 2021

Saturday and a Memory Lapse

I did not sleep well last night at all. I woke up at 2:00AM and could not go back to sleep. I even got up and took a couple of Melatonin tablets. That didn't work either. After a couple of hours just laying there wide awake I finally got up at almost 4:00AM. I will undoubtedly play out early tonight.

On top of everything else, it occurred to me about then that I had forgotten to go to Kelly and Melissa's last evening for Mary Beth's graduation dinner. I had it on the calendar in my purse but had not written it on the calendar on the refrigerator.  If a date doesn't get to that calendar, I will undoubtedly forget it.

I made up my bed and got myself ready for the day. It's just now 5:00AM. The only thing I need to do today is dust. I planted flowers yesterday instead of doing that. 

And, by the way, Nancy never did call me back yesterday. I refuse to try to contact her again. 

When I opened the front door, all three cats were there wanting breakfast. I didn't feed them last night. So they were extra hungry this morning. Inky and Blondie are the only ones still out there. The other one has eaten and left. 

I worked on my jigsaw puzzle awhile after lunch. It's a really difficult one.

Then also after lunch, I went to Walmart and bought a bag of red mulch and put some of it in that flowerbed. Sure looks better! 

 May be an image of flower and outdoors 

Then I watered the mulch. It had rained some so it may not have needed much water. But the mulch needed to be watered.That's lilies, zinnias and inpatients. It gives the flowerbed a lot of color.

It's 3:35PM now so I guess I will go read some more until time for my banana. I read until 5:30PM then got my banana to eat.

It's 5:45PM now and the CBS news has been preempted by a golf tournament. So I am streaming it right now on the desktop computer.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and hope I can get to sleep at 9:00PM and stay asleep tonight.

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That is too bad that Nancy has such health problems or whatever is going on. It may take a little longer for those excess medications to get out of her system, and her situation may yet improve. I hope so.

Your flower bed already looks pretty. It will be so colorful with zinnias. I am late planting my zinnias again this year. I will have two kinds California Giants and giant cactus flowered ones that have frilly, instead of long and rounded petals. I get the prettiest colors in the Giant Cactus flowered ones. But I like my zinnia bed to be bright and full of as many different colors as possible. A flower bed including zinnias draws hummingbirds and butterflies and is a joy to see even on the hottest days of summer when the other flowers are starting to look worn out.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for your information, Susie. I have not had zinnias before.

ChuckFu said...

If her memory is not as good as you say, it's really not her fault, and is she really getting the messages that you called

Margie's Musings said...

I know it's not her fault, ChuckFu, but I get so tired of making plans that include her and then she backs out. It's hard not to get discouraged.

Kay said...

Your flower bed looks gorgeous, Margie.
I really hate it when I don't get enough sleep.