Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

Thursday is the day I clean the apartment so that's what I will do this morning while the news is on and commercials are running. I did not sleep as well last night...was up twice in the night after all the water I drank yesterday.Then just got up shortly before 5:00AM. I had been tossing and turning for an hour. I have had my breakfast bar, juice and oatmeal and am working on my coffee now. I will feed the cats, watch the weather and the CBS news before I begin cleaning. It is 5:42AM now...way too early to start a vacuum cleaner.  But not too early to watch the weather.

I opened the front door and found all three cats waiting for their breakfast..Blondie, Inky and Scruff. Both Inky and Blondie are male but Scruff is a female and she takes NO guff off those two males! If they approach her while she's eating, she will take a swipe at them with her claws out. They are intimidated by her and she is the smallest of the three. :)

I am still waiting for the local forecast. Earlier this week rain was forecast every day this week but that had not developed...which is why I mowed when I did. It rained off and on over the week but nothing like what was forecast. They had even forecast light hail Wednesday and today and that has not developed...thank goodness. I'm not planning on going anywhere today unless I decide to go eat my chicken salad at Eggbert's at noon.

Scruff and Inky are still out here. Blondie has eaten his fill and left.

I see Blondie is back and eating and Scruff has left now. Inky and Blondie share the same bowl most of the time. They are siblings from the same litter so that may have something to do with it.

I see we have a 90% chance of rain today. That's a pretty good chance.  

More later... 

It's 10:10AM now and I just finished my cleaning, vacuuming and mopping. I will dust tomorrow. I am pretty tired  now. It always amazes me how much dirt I get from the vacuum. I vacuum every Thursday and every Thursday when I empty the vacuum, it has a lot of dirt in it. I can't imagine how it accumulates that soon since I take off my shoes in the apartment. I wish I could find someone in the area with one of those dry cleaning carpet cleaners. They don't put water on the carpet. I have had that done twice in the past. Once in the house on second street that we built when we moved to Coffeyville from Caney in 1981. The second time Doug's son, Nathan, did the carpet of the house on Parkway. The man that did the carpet in the 2nd street house moved to California and Nathan moved to Kansas City so I don't know a soul who has one of those machines anymore. 

I had one of my chicken  pot pies for lunch with a ice cream bar for dessert. I then spent the rest of the afternoon (at least two hours of it) working on a jigsaw puzzle. It is very slow going.  I have been working on it off and on for a week or so and still don't even have it half finished.

Now I am going to read awhile. The Schwan's man is due this afternoon before 4:00PM and it's already 3:15PM and he hasn't made it yet.

More later... 

It's 5:08PM and the Schwan's man just left. He was supposed to be here between 1:00PM and 4:00PM and I wanted to go out to Dollar General and get another new towel and yard trash bags. I accidentally got two hand towels and a bunch of washcloths in a bundle and only one towel. So I want to go out and get another towel. I can go now that he has gone.

Two of the cats, Blondie and Inky came for supper so I will wait until they finish and I can put away their bowls.

I have been reading for a couple of hours. I will watch the news later since I am recording it. I will take my bath at 7:00PM and try to get to bed at a decent hour tonight...close to 9:00PM  


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Scruffie is a smart female! She has a rough life and has learned what one must do to survive.

Margie's Musings said...

You are so right, Donna. She can take care of herself even though she is smaller then the rest.