Monday, November 22, 2021

Monday and Packing

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM, as usual. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. Today will be pretty busy. I have done my laundry already this morning and am about to put it in the dryer. Later on today I will pack my suitcase for a five day stay at Scott and Ginger's for Thanksgiving. John and Leslie will pick me up in the morning sometime.

This morning around 9:00AM or so, I will go over to Nancy's and take her her apple fritter to eat to be able to take her morning meds. Later on this morning Dale will take her to the Green Country Village Assisted Living in Bartlesville where she will stay for the winter months....at least for the winter months. She really needs to stay there for good. She is so forgetful if she didn't have care she could have another accident and it could be worse then just falling on her front porch stairs. She locks the storm doors as well as the dead bolts so no one could get in to take care of her without breaking in somehow. No matter how many times I have asked her not to lock the storm doors, she does it anyhow.  She just can't remember.

I have had my breakfast now and will go watch the "weather on the 8's" on TV. A little later I will check on the cats too. Scruff was here last evening for her supper but Blondie's owners must have had him in their house.

I watched the weather and it looks like southeast Kansas will be pretty nice. I don't know how the trip weather will be though. 

More later.....

I went over to Nancy's and Dale and Gina were there. She had decided once again she would not go to the Green Country Village Assisted Living retirement home in Bartlesville. Dale wanted  me to come in and try to convince her to go. I talked to her about twenty minutes and finally convinced her. She got dressed and I helped her pack her clothes and her makeup. Gina and Dale put together all the other things she will need including what furniture she can take with her and the towels and sheets and bedspread she will use. I got back home at 11:15AM. They wanted me to go down to Bartlesville and help get her settled in but I just wasn't up to it. 

Besides I have an appointment with Toni at 1:40PM to get my hair done for the week. And I want to eat some of my chicken and noodles that Suzanne brought me for lunch too. I will warm that up in the microwave soon.

I ate some of that chicken and noodles Suzanne brought me yesterday and it was delicious! Nancy ate hers yesterday! She thought it was delicious too!

It's 12:25PM now and my hair appointment is at 1:40PM so I had better get over to Coffeyville. More later....

I got over to Coffeyville in plenty of time. I went out to Walmart and bought a few things I can't get at the Caney Market. Then I went to the hairdresser and got my hair washed and styled. It's clean now for a week.

I dropped by the senior center and left the Bartlesville newspapers I had from Suzanne. They will take them to the animal shelter.

Then I stopped by Sonic and bought a medium cherry limeade slush for something to drink. I got spoiled to those when I worked as a car salesperson back in the day. I worked with five guys and they introduced me to the Sonic cherry limeade slush.

Then I came on back home. I was very tired by then. It's 4:50PM now and I have been reading a little. So far I am not impressed with this book. 

I don't know how early we are leaving tomorrow. I haven't heard.

Leslie texted me we were leaving at 7:00AM so I had better go on to bed. It is 9:00PM now and I want to get some sleep.

I finished the book I was reading.It was alright but not great. I will take my Kindle with me to Tennessee. I can read if I have time. 

But now, I need to get to bed. 

Since I don't have  a laptop I can take with me, I won't be blogging until Saturday or Sunday this week.



 

7 comments:

Suemn said...

I'm so glad Nancy is on her way to the Assisted Living place and I hope she likes living there.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Suemn. It was a struggle but I finally convinced her it was time.

DrumMajor said...

Great job continuing your patient advocacy! If /when she's back at her place, use masking tape to tape over the storm door's lock latch. That will remind her / or anyone not to lock it. Have fun on your trip! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the tip, Linda. Actually, I am hoping she will stay there after she gets used to it. She does have a little dementia. I don't find it very disturbing though. She carries on a very lucid conversation.

Galla Creek said...

Praying for Nancy’s future.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Galla Creek!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope Nancy finds that she likes the assisted living well enough to stay there. It will be easier once she gets to know some people there.

Have a wonderful visit with your son and his wife and a great Thanksgiving!