Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thursday and Cleaning the Church

I slept very well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will be helping with the cleaning of he church  this morning from 9:00AM until noon so I dressed appropriately in shorts and tee.

It's 5:43AM and I am eating my breakfast here in the den as usual. Today, after my trip to Walmart yesterday, I am having my breakfast bar and oatmeal again. In a little while I will go turn on the TV and hopefully catch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" this time. Today is to be 97 degrees and sunny, Friday will be 98 degrees and sunny, Saturday to be 101 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 103 degrees and mostly sunny,  Monday 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 92 degrees and scattered thunderstorms.Wednesday 87 degrees and AM thunderstorms. I've seen rain in the forecast before and it disappears before it happens. So I remain skeptical until I actually see it.

It's 6:28AM and no sign of the cats  yet.

Blondie was out there but no sign of Scruff yet.  He ate his fill and when he left I took in the cat food to the garage and covered it.

 I'd better start watering!

So More Later....

I got all the watering done and so far it's not too hot out there. About 8:00AM, I will leave for church to clean.

I got to the church to clean about 8:30AM. The others came shortly afterward. I took the kitchen and got it 75 percent done. It was a huge job. I got all the east, north and west cabinets done. I emptied them one cabinet at a time, scrubbed them down and organized them as I put the things back in their clean cabinets.I still have the south side and the center cabinet to clean and organize. Leslie took the closet with all the decorations for worship centers, Melissa took the classrooms, Leeann took the bathrooms and Karan took the office. None of us got it all finished. We are going to choose to do this every month the last week of each month. Leslie will choose a day and we will each continue to clean our rooms until we get them spotless and keep them that way.

After we finished, we went to the Dearing restaurant and had lunch. It was very good. Karan paid me for the 11 tees she bought from me but she paid me too much, and she wouldn't take any back so I bought her lunch. 

I was exhausted when I finished. It had been up and down a ladder and down on the floor and back up on my feet again from 8:30AM until after noon. It really wore me down. It's the mileage for sure.

More later.... 

Stephen brought my coffee cake dish back. We visited for awhile. He felt he had to apologize for eating the cookies his wife had planned to give me. I would have eaten them, I imagine, but I sure didn't need any more sweets. I have had two flurries a week for several weeks. I had just lost 12 pounds and didn't want to put them back on (at my age, it comes right off the face). So I sure don't want to lose any more. 

More later...

I am going to water the flowers again and then come back in and take my bath. I am very tired. I did a lot of work today at church. Mainly though it was just sitting on the floor and then trying to get up without my knees hurting. Then I had to climb on the step stool to reach the high cabinets and get down carefully. But I managed not to hurt myself.

Krystal is going to mow for me on Sunday evening at 7:00PM. That will be good. Some of the yard needs it now. I believe Stephen mowed his today. The back is not as bad as the front and I haven't looked at the west side.I will try to get the trimming done first if the weather is not too hot. I can probably do it either early morning or later in the day after it cools down a bit.

I better get my watering done before I completely play out. 

I got the flowers watered... both front and back.

Then I took my bath and uploaded today's blog to Keith's personal blog.

Now I am ready to read awhile before going to bed at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You have the hardest room to clean. That’s so you.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true. It was a bear!!!