Saturday, August 13, 2022

Saturday and No Particular Plan

I slept well most of the night but woke up at 3:30AM and couldn't really get much rest after that. I took a couple of Melatonin tablets but that didn't help this time. Finally I got up at 4:45AM and made my bed and got dressed for the day. I haven't fixed my breakfast yet. But that's the next thing on my list of "to do" things. I had nothing at supper time but I had had a good breakfast yesterday morning and a good lunch at noon. I had gone to the deli at the market and bought chicken, fried okra and green beans with a biscuit and I saved one piece of the chicken for today's lunch and the biscuit that came with the meal. I ate all the green beans and okra.

Anyhow, fixing my breakfast is next on my list.

So more later ...

I've had my breakfast and am just drinking my coffee now, I will go in the living room and turn on the TV and wait for  "the weather on the 8's"  and see if the forecast has changed. I will also check on the cats. It's almost 6:00AM now.

Both cats were out there waiting so I took out their food and they ate their fill and are gone now. I brought the food into the garage and covered it.

Then the weather came on next. Today is supposed to be 101 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be a real scorcher...105 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is  to be 104 degrees and mostly sunny.  Tuesday 96 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 85 degrees and cloudy, Thursday 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday' forecast is to be 94 degrees and partly cloudy. 

I see they took the showers out of  Wednesday's forecast but they left them in Tuesday's forecast. I remain skeptical. The weather is not an exact science.

I trimmed the hedge while it was still 70 degrees. Krystal is supposed to mow tomorrow. evening at 7:00PM after it cools down a bit. 

Now I am going to water the back flowerbeds. It's 8:00AM

The water is done for the morning. I will have to do it again this evening.

Now I will go read again. 

I have been reading this morning but I stopped long enough to have my lunch,,,the leftover chicken and biscuit.

So more even later.... Tomorrow we are forecast for a 105 temperature. Wow!

I read all afternoon and finished another book.It's 3:11PM now.

I read until I finished my latest book and the watched a documentary on Amazon Prime. Then I watched the NBC news.

Now I am going to Dollar General to get some toothpaste. When I get back home, I will take my bath and get ready for bed at 9:00PM.


2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The weather forecasts around here are not a exact science. A lot of days they are barely even a good guess. It depends on which computer model they use. I don't think they even use their meteorology training and their own observations anymore like the weather forecasters used to.

We had a quick break of two or three days in the 80's down from high nineties, and now we are heading into the 90's today.

Margie's Musings said...

Tomorrow we will have a 102 temperature,