Thursday, August 24, 2023

Thursday and a Trip to See Nancy

 In a while I will go down to Bartlesville to do two things...go to the Bartlesville Walmart to buy the three ink cartridges for my printer and see Nancy at her apartment at Assisted Living across the road from the Walmart there.

That will take awhile. First I also want to wash my car at Okie's.  

It's supposed to be 103 degrees here in Caney today and partly cloudy. In a short while while the temperature is still mild, I will take my walk.

It's to be 103 degrees here today and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 103 too mostly sunny,  Saturday is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 85 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Monday is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 88 degrees and sunny, and Wednesday is to be 87 degrees and  sunny. Only Sunday with the possibility of thunderstorms.  But at least the temperatures will be out of the 100's.

Blondie was waiting for me to open the door and see him and get him fed so that's what I did. He ate quite a bit and left and i took his food to the garage and covered it. He ate most all of the wet food  and some of the dry food too. 

I want to take my walk now while it's only 74 degrees. I will take my walk at 7:15AM. 

So More Later...

I got back from my walk at 7:50AM. I didn't get a lot of trash but that's a good thing. It's 79 degrees now. It got 5 degrees hotter while I was gone.

I see the betterment committee has a  fundraiser for River Rose's medical treatment on Saturday at 4:00 to 7:00 PM at the Trinity Lutheran Church. Also homemade ice cream . It's a donation of $8.00 for a dinner of chili  or soup and $4.00 for the homemade ice cream. There's also a silent auction. River Rose is a young man in our community who is in need of medical treatment  That's what the fund raiser is about. I will go about 5:00PM. It's a very good and worthy cause.

More Later... 

I have been trimming the hedge. It's not exactly like I want it but it's a lot better. I need to dry my face and get down to Bartlesville. It's 9:24AM now.  I want to get my car washed and  get over to Walmart there to look for those ink cartridges. 

I stopped at Walmart in Bartlesville and bought the three ink cartridges for my printer. Then I went to Opie's and had my car washed. I dried it and vacuumed it out. It looks nice now.

Then I went to see Nancy. Again, she was still in bed and in her night gown. And it was 10:30AM. I got her up. I told her there wasn't any sense for me to come down to visit her if she was always in bed in her night clothes. It won't do any good, of course. But it is aggravating.

I got the ink cartridges at Walmart there in Bartlesville and installed them when I got home, Still there was an error message on the printer. I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I called Leslie and she came down to check it out. It took her about two minutes. I had installed one of the cartridges backward. She switched it and we were in business. I am so ignorant about some things on this printer. It's a lot more complicated then my old one that I have had since 1998.

Then I gave her the gift I had bought in Chetopa when Karan and I were coming home from the campgrounds last month.

It's 96 degrees right now at 7:44PM. I have just taken my nice warm bath. It's so good to have a nice warm bath again. And then I finished the book I had been reading all afternoon. I will get back to the one I started earlier this week now until 9:00PM when I go to bed..

It's 8:42PM and I am ready to go to bed. It's earlier then usual but  I am tireder then usual. So I am going to take my evening med and go on to bed. It's 94 degrees out there now.

No comments: