Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Tuesday and No Rain Today

I slept fairly well last night although I was up a couple of times to adjust the thermostat.  It rained off and on all night. I occasionally heard thunder too.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" this morning after I made my coffee. 

Today is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 90 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 90 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 96 degrees and sunny. Friday is to be 94 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 96 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be  97 degrees and mostly cloudy and Monday is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy. Only Wednesday is forecast for rain and that's the day my yard is to be mowed. Darn!

No Blondie yet!

More Later... 

Blondie came for his breakfast and I fed him half wet food and half dry food. He ate what he wanted and left.

Then I took my walk and went by the library and dropped the book I finished last night into the drop box and then finished my walk. I got about a half a sack of trash. 

I heard from  Stephen, my landlord, that the young man who is going to pick up the limbs from my yard will be doing that today after all. Stephen's message was from yesterday...not this morning. I am glad. I am also glad I hadn't already contacted my mower, Mike.

More Later...I will get back to my reading.

About 3:30PM, the young man with his pickup finally came to haul off the tree limbs.  I think it will take seven or eight pickup loads to get the limbs taken to a tree farm...maybe  even more. It took him about ten minutes to get the first load in the bed and gone. It didn't even make a dent in that pile of limbs. 

He's back at 3:45PM and brought two friends with him to help him load the second truck load, And they brought a larger pickup too. So they filled both truck beds and left this time at 3:58PM.

The small pickup is back again at 4:08PM. The larger one is back again too. They are loading both of them now. It's 4:21PM and they are just leaving again now to unload them again. That's 5 loads so far.

I went out when they were gone and swept up the leaves from the street to the curb.

They are back again now.. It's 4:38PM and they are loading up again,

Once again both pickups are being loaded. This will make 7 loads.. 

Stephen, my landlord, is out there now too... talking to the boys.  

They took off at 4:50PM.

He stopped and told me they were going to rake up the leaves and put them in the truck beds. I know Mike will be mowing tomorrow and I definitely want the sticks out of the yard so Mike won't mow over them with his mower.. 

The boy is out there raking the leaves up. I took him some water and told him he had done a nice job.  He was very polite and thanked me.

I was impressed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

That was a bunch of limbs in your yard.

Jimmy said...

Get instant rain forecasts for any location. Find Out Now. https://isitgoingtoraintoday.com