Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Does the busyness ever end?


Today was a third busy day. I got up this morning at 6:00 and fixed Bob's breakfast and ate a bowl of cereal myself. Then I went to Independence to my hair appointment at 7:30 and after that to my board training for the Montgomery County Health Clinic from 8:30 until 12:30.

Following that meeting and lunch, I shopped for my daughter's birthday gift and picked up some altered slacks and then went to her home to leave her gift. Today she is 51.

When I got home, Bob had given Slinky another bath. I got a huge bang out of him. I brought out some cinnamon toast and he knew without even being told that to get any of it, he had to "sit". He "sat" for every bite.

Tomorrow is Bob's eye surgery. We have to be in Bartlesville, 40 miles away, at 7:30. His surgery will be within two hours of his check in at surgery. It will be good for him to be able to see clearly again. In one month, he will have the other eye done.

Thursday, I will make potato salad for Friday's family picnic. Our son, Scott, will be here on Thursday afternoon and we will probably cook supper that night. I have to take the ribs out to our daughter's so her husband, John, can barbecue them on his grill Friday evening. Friday afternoon I will make baked beans for that meal. Leslie will make corn on the cob and homemade ice cream. They will then shoot off their fireworks. Their granddaughter, Sage, will be there too.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, I don't know how we ever worked. I stay so busy since I retired! Sounds like you have a great 4th of July planned. My friend had the eye surgery and was amazed at the difference. I do have a blog and would love to have you visit anytime. The address is:http://jdyflygrl.blogspot.com/

Margie's Musings said...

I visited your blog today and your little grandson is adorable. Thanks for coming here and visiting, Judy.