Friday, July 4, 2008

Eye Surgery and Picnic Preparations

We went back to the doctor in Bartlesville yesterday morning for the doctor to look at Bob's eye. It is looking good. I have to put three different drops in his eye four times a day for the rest of the month. Actually, one of the drops stops on next Thursday, the second one stops the second week and the third one must be tapered out at four times this week, three times next week, two times the third week and one time the fourth week. It is a steroid and cannot just be stopped. It has to be tapered off to be stopped. Then, he will have the left eye done.

After we left the doctor's office we went to Stage and then to the mall. I was looking for a pair of white cotton pants or white jeans. I only found a pair of linen slacks at the mall in Bartlesville and bought them. They will have to be shortened a little since I am so short legged.

We then went to Sedan to take the ribs for the Independence Day dinner today to Leslie and to take her to lunch, as is our custom once a week.

After that we came home and Bob mowed. I made the potato salad for the Independence Day dinner. Today, I will make my cherry pie cake and later this afternoon I will make the baked beans. Leslie will have corn on the cob and home made ice cream. John has bought fireworks for Sage, their granddaughter to see. There will be John and Leslie, Bob and me, Scott, our son, Jeromy and Sage, our grandson and his daughter, and Cyndi, Leslie's best friend. Jeff, Cyndi's fiance' is gone and will not be there after all. His father died on Tuesday and he has gone to Iowa for the funeral. We'll still have quite a crowd.

I fixed a braided ham and broccoli casserole for dinner last night and we had it with a toss salad. Later that evening Scott came in from Fort Leonard Wood for the weekend. he was tired after his three and a half hour drive so went to bed fairly early. Bob and I were also tired so we soon followed. Today will be a fairly big day too. I will cook breakfast after a while and then my day is cut out for me as outlined above.

No comments: