Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Class Reunion


Well, the class reunion is over....all but the breakfast. Tomorrow at 9:00, we will have breakfast at Sirloin Stockade before church....those of us who are interested.

Friday afternoon was awesome. We all had a great time getting reacquainted.

Then Friday evening we went to the Veterans Memorial Stadium to watch the homecoming football game from the third floor of the stadium. We started out ahead and the lost the lead right down to the last one minute when one of our young men got the ball and ran it into the end zone for the touchdown. The score was 41 to 42 in Coffeyville's favor. It was a real cliff hanger. Everyone was elated!

We had wonderful chili and the committee all baked cookies for dessert.

Today, I went to the Alumni Center for the day starting at 10:00 until 3:00 this afternoon. I came home then and changed clothes and Bob and I went to the banquet. The food was very good and the entire evening was memorable. We had 61 classmates there and 35 wives or significant others.

I won the table centerpiece and brought home a lovely bowl of flowers.

But I am exhausted. I took my bath and am ready to go to bed.

This building is the Alumni Center where we met and visited each day.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
Glad you had a wonderful time. Sounds like some fun events. Now you can take it easy today.

Judy said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I am sure it was fun to meet up with old friends and classmates and find out what has been going on with them all.

Margie's Musings said...

I did have a great time! Lots of work but lots of fun.

Kelly said...

I bet you are tired but I know it's probably the "good tired!" I hope so anyway! I'm glad everything worked out Great! I'm sure everyone had a fantastic time and are very appreciative to you for everything you did to pull off a wonderful and memorable event! Great job! We knew it would be a success!!