Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Too Much on My Plate

I really have a lot on my plate right now. I am chair of the Celebration Committee for the Independence Ministerial Association and spent an hour this morning helping to plan the Community Thanksgiving Service. Plus, I am co-chair of the Restoration Studies Symposium for next April and we are trying to locate a keynote speaker for that event and waiting for the submissions of papers. My first choice Bart Erhman was not available so now we are contacting Steven Patterson. I have my class reunion this weekend and then I have this wedding on Saturday the 25th.

Oh my! How on earth do I get myself in these positions?

Tonight we will watch the last debate between Obama and McCain. We watched an excellent PBS special on Frontline last night about the two of them.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

You are indeed a busy lady! Take care of yourself!

Margie's Musings said...

I will. Thanks, Sylvia, for your concern.

Kelly said...

Margie, I know what you mean, but just take a deep breath and don't push yourself too hard, it will all get done! I know that you know that, but it can get so down right overwhelming it does seem like it won't all get done. It will! Say, where is Coffeyville (in approximation to Wichita?) We are going to be near Hutchinson this weekend and I was just wondering if Coffeyville was near that part of Kansas or not. You may have already told me and I just forgot....sorry if you did...the memory is going I think!

Will be anxious for you to write about how all of the upcoming events ended up! I bet they'll be Great!

patsy said...

me too, me too.