Friday, October 17, 2008

My 55th Class Reunion


This should be an interesting weekend. It is my 55th class reunion. I will go to the Alumni Center at 2:00 and finish lining up people for the tours tomorrow. I have arranged for tours of the Brown Mansion, Dalton Defenders Museum, the Airport Museum, and the new Community Elementary School. The picture shown here is the Brown Mansion.

Then this evening, we will go to the third floor of the stadium and have a chili feed and watch the high school homecoming game between Coffeyville and arch rival Independence.

Tomorrow, I will man the Alumni Center again from 10:00 until 4:00 and then go to the college Student Union building for our banquet. It should be great fun...I hope.

I went to Independence this morning and had my hair done for the event.

Later this morning I made a batch of peanut butter cookies for tonight's chili dinner. I will leave about 1: 45 for the Alumni Center.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful week-end. It's going to be a busy week-end for you.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it will but it should be fun. Thank you.

Balisha said...

Have a wonderful time, Margie. We celebrated our 50th some time ago and had so much fun. How many are in your class?

Margie's Musings said...

It was our 55th. There were 210 of us in the class but 80 of them are deceased. We had a wonderful time. We had a nice group at the Alumni Center and then they all came out for the chili feed and football game. It was a tight game. It was our homecoming game and we won by one point in the last minute.

Everyone was thrilled to death. Now tomorrow are the tours and the banquet.

Beth said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend, Margie. It must be really interesting to see how all your classmates lives turned out. Did you recognize any of them at first sight?

By the way, thanks again for your comments. They meant a lot. Also, I did want to mention, in case you were wondering, why I show up in my comments on your blog as Blue Ridge Blue Collar Girl instead of "Beth." It's because I have to sign in to comment with Blogger and that's how they show me, with my blog's name instead of my name. I'm not sure why.