Monday, December 15, 2008

Cold Monday


This has been a 10 degree day. I went to town this morning and bought stamps and mailed some notes. Later I went by the nursing home and visited my sister for an hour. Then I came home and worked on our daughter's scrapbook and got it caught up before dinner.

Slinky has been in all day. Every so often he barks once to let us know he needs to go out to do his duty. The cat, Missy, goes out from time to time too but neither can stay out long.

Tomorrow, I will go to the nursing home sometime between 8:00-9:00AM and stay the day until my brother-in-law gets off work.

I do not like winter. The older I get, the less I like winter. I understand why folks move south when they get older. When we left Bobby and Karan's last night the steps were covered with ice and it was sleeting. The sidewalk was also covered with ice so we crossed on the lawn. I was glad to get home although I enjoy "Living the Questions" a lot. We surprised two members with birthday cake and ice cream and a card shower.

I'm beginning to receive quite a lot of Christmas cards. I had put up my little tree several weeks ago. My living room is so small that I had to buy a small tree to fit into it. This is a photo of it.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I've got to find a small tree. I love a big tree but have no room for one. I thought my son & daughter-in-law would put up a tree this year for Caleb but they didn't. Since I'm the one bothered by that, the best way to deal with it is for me to put one up every year and remove that little irritation.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true. I'm surprised that a family with a child wouldn't put up a tree.