Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Refreshing Wednesday

This is a better day. Yesterday turned into a kind of disaster as last night I heard from our main speaker for the coming weekend, Dr. Stephan Patterson, that he felt a $750 honorarium was too little for the weekend. He is coming in later Friday evening after the event is finished on that day and leaving during dinner on Saturday afternoon. I don't consider that a weekend. It's just one full day. Plus we are paying for his flight, his meals and his motel. I could only apologize since the man who obtained him had not told him what we were giving him for the honorarium. That man was in charge of obtaining a speaker. I thought he would talk to him about the entire deal. Evidently not. When I discussed it with the speaker, I learned he was expecting a lot more. There's nothing I could do about it. We were stretching ourselves as it was. We were told he was coming as a favor to Don, who knew him as a friend. I don't need friends like that personally.

Anyhow, what's done is done.

Today I learned that the church that is hosting our Independence, Kansas, Baccalaureate service has their all purpose and basement rooms all torn up building a day care center and they will not be finished for a reception after the service on May 13th. They want us to forego the reception. I hate that but I don't have an option. I won't worry about that until after this weekend. One worry at a time is enough.

I went to Independence this morning and got my hair done and had breakfast with Juanita. Then I went to Wal Mart and bought a print cartridge for my printer and came back home.

We will pick up a bucket of chicken tonight and go out to John and Leslie's new house to see how it looks with all the furniture in place.

No comments: