Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Busy and Violent Wednesday

I went to Independence this morning to get my hair done and afterward I met Juanita for breakfast. She has her airline tickets now for her trip to Chicago to visit her son. She wants me to take her to the airport July 2. Bob will go with us so we can park and walk her to security. It's quite an ordeal for her anymore. She always gets a wheelchair.

Nothing is easy when you're 87 years old.

Then I came on back home to clean house. I also needed to wash my towels and clean the bathrooms. Scott is coming tonight.

Tomorrow we will take him to catch his plane to LA where he will meet his ex-wife and drive with her to Tyler to put her furniture in storage.

Then they will drive back here and pick up his Jeep. From there she will follow him back to his place.

They will try to reconcile. It will be hard. I told Scott the only way it would work is if they just put the past in the past and go on from there. I hope they can do that.

The world is full of crazies. An 89 year old man took a rifle into the Holocaust Museum this afternoon and shot a security guard before they could shoot him. I believe the guard has died and the elderly man is in critical condition He is one of those dangerous radical survivalists.

He was James W. von Brunn, an 89 year old former WW2 PT Boat Captain, White Nationalist, and member of Mensa, the high-IQ society, owner of the web site www.holywesternempire.org. He just walked into the Holocaut Museum in Washington DC and shot a security guard before being shot in the head himself. This happened about 1:00 eastern time.

This White Nationalist who served 6.5 years of a 11 year sentence in Federal Prison just had heart surgery in Maryland.

Our world has become such a violent place. What will it take to get it to be a world of peace?

2 comments:

Sansego said...

The world hasn't "become" a violent place. It has always been violent. Think of Genghis Khan and his warriors riding into villages and raping, killing, and pillaging, sparing no lives at all. Same with the Vikings and the Goths.

Violence might be more random and scattered, but I would not trade lives with the people who lived in ancient days, when your village could be attacked without warning.

Margie's Musings said...

Perhaps...but it's sure not the world I grew up in.