Friday, June 12, 2009

An Unusual Day

I must have too much spare time. One of my daughter's good friends has developed a major problem from the dog bite she sustained three weeks ago. Now she will need physical therapy. There is no public transportation in this area so she has asked me to take her to Independence three times a week for her physical therapy.

I will do it. It is only for nine weeks and once upon a time, our aunt Mildred lived with us and when she broke her wrist, she needed physical therapy in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. I was working at the time and one of my friends volunteered to take aunt Mildred each week...three times a week.

This is my opportunity to pass it on.

I already go to Independence on Wednesdays for my hair appointment. This will only mean another two trips and it seems we go up there all the time anyhow.

Now, a new development today. After we got home from taking Leslie to lunch, Bob got a letter from a distant cousin of his....a Jon Robert Meek. Bob's aunt Osie's mother was a Meek. This man sent Bob photos of himself as a child. Then he called this afternoon to visit on the telephone. It was a very interesting conversation. He had been to visit Bob's cousin Robert in Phoenix. That's where he got Bob's address.

I sent him photos of Bob as a baby. I also sent him our wedding photo and a photo of Bob's aunt Osie with Bob some years back.

It's very interesting. Imagine a distant relative calling after all these years.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Always feels good to be able to return a favor -- even if it isn't to the same person. I know it is much appreciated.

Margie's Musings said...

yes, I'm sure you're right, Sylvia.