Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nice Saturday

It's lovely today...about 85 degrees. We mowed and trimmed this morning after we got home from garage saling. We stopped in South Coffeyville, Oklahoma and bought gas for $1.99.9 a gallon. That's less then it's been in years.

The yard looks nice. We bought one paper backed book for Bob at a garage sale and that was all. I saw some Fostoria I would like to have bought but have no place to put it.

I am presently reading "Peter, Paul and Mary Magdalene" by Bart Ehrman. It is very interesting.

This evening Bob and I are going to eat dinner at Sirloin Stockade. There he can have a salad bar. We may watch the rest of our Bill Moyers DVD afterward this evening. It is "The Power of Myth" with Joseph Campbell. It's an old DVD but still very interesting. When there is nothing of worth on TV (and there seldom is) we watch an episode.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a very good Saturday. I haven't been reading books this summer. I read a lot but books. I read blogs, magazine articles, the newspaper etc, shorter things. Have a nice week-end.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Linda. You too!

Sylvia K said...

Several months ago I actually bought gas for $1.74! I couldn't believe it! Needless to say, it didn't stay that low for long and is now back to $2.59 -- but better than the $4 something we paid early last summer!