Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Quiet Day

Every once in awhile it is good to have a quiet day. This has been one of those days.

I went to stay with my sister for a couple of hours this morning, as usual. My niece and her husband came in while I was there. It was good to visit them. It had been awhile. Their youngest daughter, who they had been home schooling all this time finally went to a school. It is a private Christian school but she should get a good education there. She is a freshman.

Then we read all morning. Bob did take Slinky for a walk. That was good for both of them.

I get a bang out of Slinky. He loves to come in the kitchen for awhile in the mornings while I read and I fix him his cinnamon toast. He loves his cinnamon toast and always sits for each bite without even being told.

I went downtown for awhile and looked through a new thrift store. This one has some really nice stuff. Unfortunately I don't need a thing.

After dinner, Bob and I took half a watermelon to my sister and brother-in-law. John gave it to us on Saturday and we could not eat it all by ourselves.

No comments: