Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Same Tuesday



I went to sit with my sister this morning while Bob was watching TV. He took some more of his pain meds. He had to cut down to one and a half pills because they made him nauseous. He is doing better though. After I mowed this afternoon, he brought me out some tea and sat on the patio with me and watched the birds and admired the flowers. He is doing well at not dwelling on the disease. We keep saying "one day at a time" "sufficient unto the day is the evil therein". So far...so good. His appointment with the oncologist is next Wednesday at 1:00.

Scott sent me the doctor's letter as a PDF file. He also sent me the pathology report. For obvious reasons, I have not shared that with Bob.

Scott was called into the sergeant major's office yesterday and told he would deployed back to Afghanistan. He told his CO that his dad had cancer and he did not want to go. They told him to have the pathologist report faxed to them and that might make a difference. So I called the Bartlesville hospital and told them the situation and they faxed the report. Then Scott was told that he would need the doctor's prognosis. When Melissa (our doctor) finally called yesterday afternoon with the results of the pathology, I told her about that and she volunteered to write the letter and fax it to them. She did that.

This morning Scott was told it might not make a difference. One of his co-soldiers came in to his office to see if he had the orders to read. She was also on the list. They discussed his situation and she volunteered to go in his place. The CO is working on that now. He will know their decision by the end of the week.

My peonies are in full bloom now. We have been sitting on the patio admiring them this afternoon. The hybrid iris are also now blooming well.

No comments: