Sunday, August 22, 2010

What A Day!

This has been a Sunday and a half. I got up early this morning and made my coffee cake for church. I went to get chocolate milk and juice to go with it. I gave part of it to my brother-in-law and part of it to Gene, whose wife is at Mayo Clinic having an experimental treatment for cancer.

Then I had the Sunday School class and the sermon at church too. After church five of us went to eat out at a Chinese restaurant. I sent my leftovers home with my daughter. I'm not wild about Chinese. If I get it once a month, that's enough for me.

After I got home, I peeled and sliced thirteen apples for my apple brown betty. I had doubled the recipe cause I figured I'd have twelve tonight at Living the Questions group. Instead, I had nine so I have apple brown betty to take to my daughter tomorrow when I go to clean her house.

While the dessert was baking, I got my congregational letters finished and out on the mailbox.

Just after I got the dessert out of the oven and had it cooling, Cyndi called and wanted me to run up to the antique mall and consult with her and Jeff about where to put the shelves for our stuff. We stayed an hour. Got half of it finished so we should be able to get all of it finished by next Saturday. On Wednesday the first, we will be able to put our stuff out there to sell.

Keith called tonight to see how his aunt Phyllis was getting along. After Richard and Mona and Romie left, I called him back. Bob, my brother-in-law stopped by the hospital this morning before church and checked on her. She was much better...very lucid for an Alzheimer patient. I will probably take him some of this dessert too.

1 comment:

Freda said...

We are doing Living the Questions at our little church in the Highlands of Scotland. We started the last group of 7 last night (#15) - A connection! Every Blessing