Thursday, November 4, 2010

Computer Problems

The desktop computer is crashing regularly now. I awoke at 3:00 this morning and went to the bathroom. The dreaded blue screen was on the computer. I rebooted it and attempted to check my blog but it crashed again. I rebooted again and it crashed again. This time I ran it through disk check and if it doesn't stay up this time, I guess I'll just shut it down. I am hoping Keith can fix it while he's here for Thanksgiving. Luckily I have this laptop so I'm not entirely out of luck.

I talked to Bob A. last evening and he told me Phyllis has a terrible cold. I had intended to go see her after the 11:30 till 1:00 CMA meeting but I sure don't want a cold and she was not up to visitors yesterday anyhow. I need to go see Gerry again today so I'll check in and see how Phyllis' cold is doing while I'm there.

I went to the mall yesterday to check on the booth. Someone had taken the instruction manual and recipe book for the small ice cream maker. I tried to get one online but they are no longer making it. So I just brought it back home. It's worthless now without a manual. I do not understand the mindset of people who steal. They had stolen one of the candle holders to the dishes last week. I think I'll just give them notice and pull my stuff out of the booth.

I'm going to meet Cyndi for breakfast this morning. I will discuss it with her.

I decided to wait until Spring to make that decision. Meanwhile I paid Cyndi $9.50 in booth rental that my stuff didn't sell enough to earn. She made over $200 cause she has a lot more stuff to sell between her and Jeff. Our booth rental is $53.00 a month. The only people who are making any money are the mall owners.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, So sorry to hear about your computer. I think mine is beginning to act up, too. I am with you on people stealing. I can't believe they take stuff like manuals! We had someone walk out with an iron pot! We don't make much money in ours either but it gives Bob something to do. He makes tables, etc. to sell in there. Ours is $120 a month and they take 2 per cent! Have a good weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

Ours just charges us $53.00 a month and they take nothing for a percentage. I guess I shouldn't complain.