Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Decent Day

This is to be the last decent day for awhile. Tonight it is supposed to rain freezing rain then turn to snow and we may get 10 - 12 inches over Tuesday. However the weather people have missed the forecast so many times, I really don't know what to expect. Later this morning I am going to put Slinky in the garage and go out to clean at Leslie's. Then I will run by the market and pick up the very few things I will need to hole up here until Thursday. I hope to be able to get out then. If we do get all this bad weather, I will cancel my Wichita trip Wednesday. But I will wait until tomorrow and see what tomorrow will bring.

The only thing I have on the calendar this week besides the doctor's appointment in Wichita on Wednesday and the ministerial alliance meeting on Thursday, is the Red Dress luncheon at the hospital on Friday. The visiting doctor is a heart doctor and Cyndi has a heart problem of some kind. I told her that I would go with her and I will if I can get out of my drive by then. It is to be bitterly cold, zero or below, all this week. Slinky will spend a lot of time in the house or the garage until the weather warms up again.

Slinky slept through the entire night last night and did not whine to get out until 5:00 AM. I did too. I had a good night's sleep. I got up at 5:00 and let him out, fed him his dog food and oatmeal, fed the cat, Missy, ate my own little dab of oatmeal, then got my laptop and am sitting here in the kitchen with him.

Perhaps more later...

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I would, Steve, but the link only goes to your profile. I can't access your blog.

Betty said...

We're supposed to get 6-12" of snow here, too, on top of ice. I have a feeling the weatherman was right this time.