Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finally Out

I finally got out last evening and picked up my blood pressure medicine. What a mess! It will take days to melt. The temperature this morning is minus 6. I really dislike winter.

Howard and Judy are going to pick Marilyn and me up for ministerial alliance at noon. At least I won't have to get out to do that.

While I was taking a bath last night, Amy finally called to cancel my 9:00 appointment this morning for an interview for SER SCSEP, the state agency that finds part time work for seniors. She called today to reschedule for next Friday.

Other then what I have listed, I will just stay home today. I will have to put Slinky in the garage and it gets harder and harder to get him to go in there yet that's the only way I can go anywhere in the winter.

More later...

Well, everything changes. Mid morning the alliance meeting was called off. There was no parking with all the snow we have and they were afraid of our people slipping on the drive. I called everyone to tell them about the cancellation.

Then Judy and Howard called and invited me to lunch with them and the Livelys. They would pick me up. I gave Slinky his choice: the garage or outside on the patio in 20 degree weather. He chose the patio in the sunshine. I thought I would only be gone an hour or so. Then Livelys invited us to go to their house for dessert and to play dominoes. Of course, I agreed to go.

We played until 3:30 and when I got home Slinky was delighted to get back into the house. He ate his dinner and then went straight to bed on his nice warm bed. Poor dog. Maybe he will think twice about the garage next time. It was 40 degrees in there.

I had a great time.

Furthermore all three of my kids called today. I am very blessed.

I got a card in the mail from an old friend who sent me $200 for an un-birthday gift. I will send off a thank you note to him and his wife. These folks send me money every once in a while. I tried sending it back once with a note of appreciation, only to get it back again. They are just wonderfully generous.

Perhaps when I find a part time job, all this money will stop coming. My kids each give me $100 a month, which they really can use themselves. But that pays my house payment and since I only eat one meal a day, I can stretch my budget to get by. But I could still use a part time job so I can support myself without help.

I will put this new money in my small savings.

4 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, have you thought of getting a crate for Slinky? That's where our dogs go when we leave the house. It's inside where they can stay nice and warm and they really seem to like it. I think it makes them feel secure and we don't have any surprises when we come home.

So glad to hear that you got that blood pressure medicine at last!

Margie's Musings said...

I have a crate! I never thought of that. Scott brought him to me in the crate. It's in the shed. I thought he would be miserable in it but it might be better then the outside....if I can get him to go in it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

marlu said...

Margie, Thanks for your comments! I check your blog every day and was so concerned when you got locked out. That happened to a friend of mine when she just went out to get the paper - no coat! She had to call the police to get back in her house.
I'll bet Slinky will love his kennel. Our Wally did. They feel safe and it saves on "clean ups."

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Marlu, and Clair, for the suggestion. Unfortunately Slinky's crate is in the shed and we have 17 inches of snow on the ground and I can't get to the shed yet. I will when it melts though.