Monday, March 14, 2011

Dank Damp Monday

Well, it's cold and damp today. It's supposed to be sunshiny tomorrow. I had Slinky in last night and he was pretty good. He woke me up at 4:00 needing to get out to do his duty and again at 5:00 wanting breakfast. So I got up. I hadn't slept well anyhow. I awoke about 1:30 and had a terrible time getting back to sleep. It's 9:45 now and I got my Sunday newsletters done this morning after I got up.

I also took my blood pressure. It seems to jump around a lot. It started out at 163/80 and then I took it again and it was 127/77. The third time it was 128/72 so I guess it's alright.

My brother-in-law called this morning. He had gone to the support group meeting yesterday afternoon while I was attending my great granddaughter's birthday party. He saw a mutual friend of my friend Donnie and she said Donnie had refused surgery since the doctors thought she might not make it through the surgery. They thought she would only live 48 hours... if that long. That is so sad. I have known Donnie and Pete since 1981 when I worked at the radio station and I used to call on them at the lumber yard they managed. I will call before going down tomorrow. Bob said they had moved her into a room and out of ICU.

When and if it warms up, I will put Slinky out today.

More later...

It warmed up about 11:00 but not much. It was only about 40 degrees but I put him out anyhow. Leslie called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Bartlesville with her. I did. We walked the mall and she bought some cute things for her grandchildren on sale. I didn't buy anything. She even bought my lunch.

When I got home he was asleep outside but shivering. So I fed him and brought him into the kitchen. I fed Inky in the garage and he's still there. I will let him out after awhile. I put the door down to keep the neighbor's Himalayan from stealing his food. That is one mean cat and Inky is very good natured and he is a lover not a fighter.

Slinky will stay in tonight. Maybe it will warm up tomorrow and I can put him back outside. Then I can clean my kitchen floor again.

The photo is another of my great granddaughter, Maia with my son-in-law, John. He is so good with children and especially babies. That was taken at her first birthday party.

No comments: