Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sad Tuesday

My brother-in-law called yesterday to say that my friend, Donzella, who is critically ill in Bartlesville's hospital, had refused the surgery they were to do today. They were not sure she would make it through the surgery in her weakened condition. So they have moved her into a room and expect her to die within 48 hours. She was very weak when I was there on Friday. I have known Donnie since 1981 and I am sad to see her go. Pete will be lost. They were inseparable.

I will attempt to go down to see her today but I will call first to be sure it will be alright.

Slinky slept in last night and was pretty good. I watched my only network TV show, "Harry's Law" and stayed up until 10:00 for that. He needed to go out before I went to bed so I let him out to do his duty before retiring myself. I woke up at 1:00 and could not get back to sleep. So I took a Benadril and slept like a baby until 4:00 AM, when Slinky needed to get out again. After he came back in he slept until after 6:00 and so did I. Finally, he wanted his breakfast and I got up and made my bed and came in here to drink my coffee and eat my six teaspoons of oatmeal before giving the rest to Slinky. He is lying here now on the cushion at my feet dozing...with a full tummy. About 10:00 I will prepare to go back to Bartlesville to see Donnie.

More later...

5 comments:

Betty said...

The more I see Harry's Law the better I like it. This probably means it will be canceled. I hope not.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. It's the only network show I like.

Balisha said...

So sorry about your friend.
We like Harry's Law too. Kathy Bates is perfect in that role.
Balisha

pat m said...

I love Harry's Law but I also watch NCIS which I also love.

Margie's Musings said...

For some reason I've never been able to get into NCIS. And nw that I am alone, I try not to watch violence. I don't think it's healthy for me.