Monday, April 11, 2011

Tired Monday

I had a horrible night last night. I went to bed very tired at 9:00 and awoke at 1:00AM and could not get back to sleep. I finally got up around 3:00AM and took a Benedril for my allergies. I got back to sleep around 3:30 and awoke at 6:00 to the sound of Slinky barking for his breakfast and my oatmeal. I am beat. I hate to even think about going to work. Luckily, it's only three hours.

I watched the live feed of our church president's address last night on my laptop. I wasn't as impressed as I felt I should be. It was all about mission and a plea for money. My budget just doesn't allow for any more offering money. One couple gave $300,000 and then turned around and gave another $500,000. It must be nice. I really am very tired of worrying about money. That $400 I get every month for this federal job training program doesn't even about to cover the deficit in my my budget. It seems to be gone almost before it even gets deposited. And next month I have to pay the second half of the 2010 taxes on my house. That's $656.01. I transferred that out of my savings and into my checking this morning. I'd better stop before I get depressed on top of everything else.

More later....

I worked today. I actually wasted a lot of time because my supervisor had not planned anything for me to do. Because of that I sat around for half my shift. I do not like that kind of time wasting. I like to stay busy.

Then after I left work I went to Independence to pay the second half of my 2010 taxes. That really depleted my meager savings. I also appealed my 2011 assessment. It is ridiculous. I notice when he ran me a copy of the comps that all the houses that sold, sold before 2009..in 2008, before the housing crash. The prices were inflated then. Now it's nearly impossible to sell a house around here. They will notify me as to the time of my appointment. I drove by all the houses they had as comps and the comparisons are ridiculous.

I know...I know..I'm doing a lot of complaining.

I worked yesterday afternoon getting the last of my leaves picked up and bagged and then the trash man did not pick them up. I ran out to stop him and he informed me that he could only take five bags and I had eleven. I told him I was afraid the wind would blow those bags around and tear them and scatter those leaves all over the yard again. Finally, he agreed to back up and take them. I won't be leaving him any more bags since I have the leaves under control now.

This hasn't been my best day!


More later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had a bad day.Mother told everyone at the lunch table today that she had a wonderful sister,& I agreed with her!

pat m said...

I would suggest selling and moving to an apartment...but houses are not selling...here in Wa if you make below a minimal amt ..property taxes are forgiven..as long as you live in your home.

Can you qualify for SSI?

Margie's Musings said...

That would be wonderful, Pat. No, I make too much for SSI.

Thanks for telling me about Phyllis, Denise. The last time I visited her on Friday she was very quiet and non communicative.