Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday..A New Day

I had an interesting afternoon. I went in to check my e-mail and noticed that Avast! had found a malware on my desktop computer. I ran Avast! and found some of it but then I ran a boot scan and found thousands of infections. It was a malware called HTML script infection. During the boot scan Avast! deleted 15,139 files that were infected. I didn't know if I would have a desktop computer or not but when the program finished, Windows came up again and I tried all my programs and they all worked. Then I ran Avast!again and the computer was clean. I hope I got off scott free because for awhile there I thought I might be down to just my laptop computer. It would have just capped off an already bad day.

Today, I feel much better. I went to bed at 10:00 and slept until 4:30 without waking up. I have fed the animals and had my six bites of oatmeal and two pieces of raisin bread toast. I hope today is a better day. My brother-in-law called last night and I am afraid I used him as a sounding board. I shouldn't have done that. He has his hands full without me adding to his problems with my tale of woe.

I have to make a ministerial alliance bank deposit this morning after work. Then I want to visit Phyllis and also clean my house. Other then getting my hair done this week, I have nothing going until Friday when Leslie and I leave for Independence, Missouri and the Restoration Studies Symposium. We will be gone until Sunday afternoon. I can use a break.

Leslie is on call every other weekend and all weekdays with her new job. She loves it though. She says she feels she is doing something important and useful with her life. She is no longer just a clerk. Now she is a case manager. She actually deals with the sick people and even transports them home after their appointments if they need a ride. She gets called out in the night many times though and gets very little sleep those nights. But if she's happy, that's worth it.

No comments: