Saturday, May 14, 2011

Frustrating Saturday

Bob A. and I went to breakfast at Eggberts this morning.

Later on I got my house cleaned this morning and some laundry done too. Then I went to see Phyllis. She was very tired and not responsive at all. I stayed about twenty minutes. Then I went down to see Gerry. Last week when I went in to see her, she was gone. Today I learned she had been in the hospital last week. She wasn't feeling all that well today. She was very drowsy.

This afternoon the sun came out and I went to the gas station and filled my mowing can with gas then picked up the dog dodo out of the yard. I had intended to mow. Unfortunately, I could not get the starter to work on my mower. So I called Performance West and asked about service. I have to wait until Tuesday and they will come pick it up to repair it.

These things come in threes, they say. I went around to the west side of my house and discovered that the eaves there need to be painted too. So when Jeff comes (when he can work me into his schedule), I'll have to have him paint the west end eave too. There's a couple of days work to scrape and paint those eaves and repair the hole in the east side. I wonder what that will run me?

The trim around the garage needs painting too but I can reach that with my little painting ladder and when I do the framework for my patio cover, I will paint that too.

Keith W. came and picked up my swing this afternoon while I was gone to the market. Good! Now I will have that done. Now all the roofers lack is the corrugated roof over my patio.

Little by little, it will get finished. And it will look nice when it is finished. It may take me all spring.

No comments: