Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Again

It's Sunday again and we will have church. My daughter is speaking to the theme today.

After church we will probably all eat out together. Then I will do my letters. I would like to go shopping at the mall in Bartlesville for some summer tops. Most of mine are all faded and old. I think I have four or five that are last year's. But I hesitate to spend any more money until I learn what the work on my eaves will cost.

I have my part of the the eaves to do, buy some paint for that and the trim that Jeff will do and now I have to have a new starter in my mower. I am holding my breath. I think I have $3200 in my money market emergency account. That's to last me until the day I die. I continue to try to save for these things but something emergency always comes up. I also have the bill for the part for my air conditioner and the service on it. I almost forget about that. Oh well....

My older son in Arizona is very happy now. He has re-married and seem to be ecstatic about his life now. I am happy for him. He leaves June 1st for Iraq. He will be gone six months this time.

My daughter is steady. Her life seems to be going her way. She has a job she likes and she's been married to the love of her life since 1975. She also has a new home and a new vehicle. Everything seems to be going well for her right now.

Life has it's ups and downs. That's life. I remember reading in a favorite book of mine written by M. Scott Peck, "Life is difficult", it began. If there was ever a truism, that's it. All we can do is take one day at a time and deal with whatever comes our way knowing that whatever happens, good or bad, God is right there with us.

More later...

Eight of us went out to eat at the Mexican restaurant El Publito. It was good. We enjoyed the continued fellowship. Afterward I came home and did my newsletters and watched some TV. There's nothing on I'm interested in seeing. I channel surfed for awhile after 60 Minutes and then gave up and took my shower, had a bowl of ice cream and came in here to finish the blog and go to bed to read. It's 8:30 now. I have found if I read for thirty minutes or so in bed, I sleep better.

No comments: