Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I did some cleaning today besides my regular animal feeding, flower watering, etc. Leslie called this morning and she is going to Tulsa to get her diamond replaced in her ring. She had it checked at Hershberg's last year and it was fine. Now it is gone. According to their guarantee, they should replace it for free.

I will meet her at Tyro after she gets her housework finished. Then we will drive to Tulsa. She also wants to buy some of that paint at Home Depot. The paint is supposed to cover in one coat. Sherwin Williams sure doesn't. I think it is Behr paint.

I don't know what I will do with the rest of the day. Of course, it may take all day by the time we drive to Tulsa. It's 72 miles down there and that doesn't count going all the way to the mall where the jewelry store is located.

Scott has called a couple of times this morning. He is at loose ends. Keith should be on his way to Iraq by now. I dread that six months. Nowhere is really safe over there.

I wanted to wash windows today but it's just too windy. When I get out in wind like this, my allergies just go crazy.

More later...

I cleaned house and then we went to Tulsa. She left her ring to be repaired and bought her paint and we had lunch at 2:30 and then came home. Keith called this evening. I was so glad to hear from him. He was on the east coast getting ready to ship out for Iraq.

3 comments:

ChuckFu said...

In Hungary now mom, waiting for the last leg of the trip, been long time flying

ChuckFu said...

Got to Qatar this morning at around 8am, ohhhhh man it like walking in a blow dryer, leave for Baghdad Friday at midnight

Margie's Musings said...

It sounds grueling, Keith. I'll bet Iraq will be even worse. I'll have you in my prayers, son.