Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday at Last!

Keith skyped me last night from Iraq just before I went to bed and we talked about 30 minutes. It was good to see him. Thank goodness for Skype. It took me awhile to get the mic to work but after I changed the setting to USB, it worked fine. But afterward I had a hard time getting to sleep. Finally at 10:17, I took a sleeping pill. I seldom do that but as a last resort, I do.

This morning at 7:30, I will meet Bob A. for breakfast. Then around 10:00, I will go visit Phyllis and after that, we will go to Sunfest in Bartlesville. I hope it's not as hot as yesterday. I worry about the heat...not so much for myself as for Slinky. He suffers so much in Kansas heat. It is so moist. I leave him plenty of water but he still suffers. It's 70 degrees at 6:45 this morning. It was 93 yesterday afternoon and evening.

I have watered the plants and fed the animals. Slinky had his oatmeal (I must get oatmeal today. That was the last of it). Heaven forbid the dog not get his oatmeal. He gets so excited about it he nearly has a fit waiting for me to scrape it into his bowl.

More later....

Breakfast is over and I am going to take Slinky for a walk before time to go see Phyllis. He will love that. It's been a while.

I went to see Phyllis and she was in bed. She was pretty sleepy and not too articulate again. I stayed about 20 minutes altogether. Then I came home and called Bob A. He came by and we went to Sunfest. There was a lot of walking and a lot of heat. It was 98 in Bartlesville. Luckily there was a slight breeze. We watched a dog show with dogs that chased and caught frizbees and listened to a band play and walked around and looked at the exhibits. Then we went to see the car show. It was huge. We enjoyed that. But really, it was just way to hot to be out walking around. But it was something to do on a Saturday.

Next Saturday I want to paint. I will have to start early.

No comments: