Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's Saturday

I'll be leaving about 8:00 this morning to drive to Joplin, Missouri, to attend a scripture class there.

First I have to feed the animals and water my plants. Bob A. will come by later this morning and check out Slinky to see if he is doing alright. It should be very hot today and I will not be home until around 6:00 this evening. Slinky really struggles with the heat.

I got to sleep about 9:30 last night but I woke up at 4:00 this morning. I continued to lay in bed until 5:00 when I got up to get ready for today's trip. It's about an hour and a half trip...a little less.

I will catch you all up on it later this evening if I'm not completely wiped out.

The class was about the scripture's concerning homosexuality. The church theologians explained the cultural background of the scriptures that address the subject in the Bible. It was an interesting discussion.

My brother-in-law came over and checked on Slinky about 2:00. He filled a second water dish for him and then tossed the hose over into a Rose of Sharon shrub bed. He forgot to turn off the hose and it ran all afternoon. Slinky had a lot of water to lie in and that's what he did. It must have helped to keep him cool. When I got home at 6:00, I discovered the water running and turned it off. Again Slinky wanted in the house but was all wet so I didn't want to let him in. He tends to shake and I did not want water all over the kitchen floor and walls.

I took my bath and put my PJs on around 7:30. I am really tired tonight. I'll try to stay awake until at least 9:00. While I was in Joplin, I filled my car with gas. Gas is cheaper in Missouri.

I have a pie to bake tomorrow and a layered salad to make for the salad luncheon after church. I'll do that in the morning after I feed the animals and water the plants.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a great day...Be safe, Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Balisha...I did.