Sunday, July 24, 2011

Muggy Sunday

I got up before five this morning. It was 91 degrees then. Slinky was already suffering and there wasn't a lot I could do about it. I hesitated to bring him in because I will be leaving for church at 9:00. I am speaking today so I can't just skip it. I put out lots of water for him. Inky is out there too. It is supposed to be 105 again today...maybe hotter.

I wasn't up to coffee this morning so I just made a couple of cups of tea.

I don't know how long this heat wave can last. There is a 30% chance of rain today...probably tonight. But that's a 70% chance it won't rain.

I have fed and watered the animals and watered the flowers. The yard is beyond help. I have watered and watered it but it's still not green.

More later...

It's 1:00 and 100 degrees already. I went to lunch with the lunch crowd after church. When I got home Slinky was already miserable. I let him in the kitchen and he is laying here at my feet panting pitifully. I brought in some cool water but he has not drunk any yet. He's probably too overheated. It's supposed to be 105 today if it doesn't rain and it doesn't look like we're going to get the rain.

I have Living the Questions this evening at Lively's home. I hope it cools off by then.

More later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have 40% chance today and praying for it. The humidity is 94% today and awful. It has never been this bad here that I can remember. Sounds like you are doing o.k. Me too, except for some arthritis and the humidity makes it worse. Have a good week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I am also very stiff right now. The years are catching up. Too much sitting in the house trying to stay cool.