Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Work at Home

Last night after the Living the Questions group meeting, Marilyn was called by the hospital to send a chaplain to the hospital because a woman there needed one. She asked me to go so I did. It was a desperate woman who had had e-coli since March with constant diarrhea. She is at the end of her rope. What she really needed was someone to listen to her and be with her while she cried. She was afraid she was losing her faith. Her husband is in bad shape after all this too so she did not want to trouble him with her fears. I spent a little over an hour with her and she seemed much better after that. I don't know whether e-coli can be cured or not. Maybe she needs to go to a larger hospital....perhaps a teaching hospital.

This morning at 7:00 my brother-in-law came over with his tree saw and we spent over an hour and a half cutting the down hanging limbs off the tree in my back yard and dragging the limbs over to the carport. I will ask my son-in-law to come pick them up with his pickup at his convenience. They aren't hurting anything in the carport right now. The tree looks so much better and I can now mow without running into the limbs that were hanging way down.

After that, I was inspired to mulch that flowerbed back of the shed that I had cleaned up Saturday morning. Then while I had the large bag the mulch came in, I cleaned out the flowerbed on the west of my back yard. When I finished all that, I was soaked with sweat but the backyard looked so much better.

After I showered and washed my hair, I called my brother-in-law and asked him if he would like to go to Bartlesville with me while it was still relatively cool. I wanted to get a scrapbook at Hobby Lobby and some photo printing paper for Scott and Becky's album. They have sent me a lot of photos now and I need to get started on it.

He agreed. He also bought a picture frame for a class picture of my sister's. Then I asked him if he wanted to go to lunch and he said he would like to eat at Dink's Bar B.Q. Dink's is famous for their Bar B.Q. around here. So that where we ate. We had their great chopped brisket special. I told him I wanted to buy his lunch. That's the least I could do to repay him for all his work that morning.

Then we came back home. It was around 1:00.

Now I have the rest of the day to deal with. I may not get the album stared today but will this week.

I spent the afternoon trying to get my laptop to load. After several hours, I finally got it going and spent the afternoon printing off photos and trimming them.

It was a busy but productive day.

No comments: