Monday, September 12, 2011

Busy Monday

This should be a busy day. This morning at 8:30, I am going to have some blood work done at the doctor's office. It's been several years since I've done that and my doctor is going to close her practice here and move it to Nowata, where she will serve the Cherokee Indian Hospital. I hate that. I like her very much. Now I will have to figure out what doctor I will change to...again. Not that I need a doctor but at my age, I will need one of these days. I don't have a lot of use for doctors. But when you need one, you need one. And eventually we all will.

Then I will come home and work on cleaning out my house for the garage sale. I've done this once after Bob died last year but I need to do it again. In fact, every year I do a garage sale just to keep things cleared out. I believe my daughter is going to put some things in it. And my brother-in-law may bring over some things too. I'm also going to clean out my linen closet. There a lot of "decorations" in there. After I get out of the doctor's office I will put the ad in the paper for Friday. Then I need to get the license for the garage sale at City Hall.

Then I will stop at the Orchelon store and the dollar store and get some dog food and cat food and a few things for myself....like oatmeal. Oh yes, that's for Slinky too. This morning I had to give him Malt Of Meal because I was out of oatmeal. When it gets light, I will take him for a walk.

Then later this morning I will wipe down all the stuff I had stored in boxes and make sure it's all neat. It sells better if it's clean. I need to get a lot done today because tomorrow I will be taking Juanita to Bartlesville. Then on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings I work. So if I don't get it done in the afternoons, it won't get done. And, frankly, I'm not much good in the afternoon.

Next week, after the garage sale, I need to get my flowerbeds cleaned out and mulched for winter. Soon it will be time to rake and I want to get to the flowerbeds before that mess begins. I still have my other fall projects too. I want to paint the trim on my house yet. Eventually Richard and Jeff will work over my fence in the back yard. It's beginning to lean. Something all the time.

I didn't work much on the garage sale stuff. Bill, an old friend, came down and installed my water filter for my refrigerator and then took me to lunch. After lunch he put a new lock in my front door. The one I had would no longer lock or unlock with the key. He fixed it.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Tell her to put that water treatment system in there

Margie's Musings said...

That's a thought. I'll tell her but I doubt it will sell around here. We don't have hard water.