Saturday, September 17, 2011

Big Saturday!

Well I had a big Saturday. At 7:00 AM just about the time I was to open my garage sale, it began to rain HARD! Lots of thunder and lots of lightning and rain. So I just left the garage door down for an hour. About 8:00 the rain let up some and folks began to come. They trickled in all morning. We sold a lot of stuff at rock bottom prices but we got rid of it. Out of about ten boxes, I had three left. Out of about eight boxes, Leslie had three.

Leslie made $38.00 and some change, I made $28.00 and some change and Bob, who brought hardly anything, made $3.00. Leslie brought donuts and Bob had his coffee. We enjoyed the fellowship. And...we got rid of a bunch of stuff.

Leslie helped me clean up. After they left I brought all of Leslie's textbooks in here and listed them on Amazon. All but five could be found there. Those five we will put in the next garage sale. They probably won't sell there but she paid hundreds of dollars for them. Amazon is our best bet.

When I got that finished, I took Bob's three dollars to him and we went over to Braums and had a hamburger. All in all, it was a good day. My garage is fairly clean now. I swept it out. And we had a much needed rain. I will clean it better after I get my house cleaned again.

I haven't mowed for well over a week and it really doesn't need it much.

I have the sermon tomorrow. I probably should look over my notes. :)

2 comments:

Balisha said...

So glad the weather changed and you could have your sale..Have a great Sunday. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Balisha. I did. I hope you did too.