Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Busy Yesterday

Yesterday was so busy I never got around to posting. I worked but had to find things to do. Faye did not work Monday afternoon so there was very little filing to do. I did what filing there was and then started working on Lynette's project. She wanted me to file a bunch of license suspensions. I made a drawer for them and then made alphabet dividers for them. When I finished that job, I had a pile of old files to file. I found them (unfiled) when I moved those files on Monday. That took awhile. Then I began making labels for old files.

After work, I picked up Bob A (I had put the cakes in my trunk the evening before) and we went to Independence to deliver them to the First Christian Church. Then we went over to Big Cheese and ate a mini pizza. Then I took him home.

I came back home and cleaned house. I will get my hair done after work today and while I'm in Independence, I will get the rest of my groceries. My niece and her husband and daughter will be eating with us tomorrow. Bob A. will come too so there will be seven of us. Denise's sister, my other niece from Wisconsin, will be here Friday after traveling all day Thursday and she and her boyfriend will cook Thanks giving dinner for them again on Friday.

This afternoon I will make my Waldorf salad and cover it and put it in the frig.
Tomorrow, I'll get the turkey in the oven about 8:00 and start mixing the dressing. It will go in when the turkey comes out to cool enough to be carved. The green bean casserole goes in then too. While those are baking, I will peel my potatoes and get them on to cook for mashed potatoes. I may make gravy but my son in law doesn't like gravy. I have dinner rolls to go in last. So we will have turkey, mashed potatoes. dressing, green bean casserole, Waldorf salad and dinner rolls. My daughter is bringing pie and whipped cream for dessert.

I went to bed fairly early. I was really tired.

Slinky slept in the kitchen last night and he woke me up at 2:30 to go out to pee. Then he woke me up again at 3:30. Seems he just wanted his breakfast. I bawled him out and told him to get back to bed. He slunk off for bed. Then Missy decided she wanted to go out. I got up again to let her out but she changed her mind after poking her nose out. In an hour, she changed her mind again and decided she wanted out. This time I insisted she go out. Then I went back to bed again. About 4:30, Slinky began barking for his breakfast. I ignored him. I got up twenty minutes later but made my bed, brushed my teeth, made up my face and dressed before coming into the kitchen to feed him.

He is lying here now with a full tummy (both his dog food and my oatmeal) sound sleep. At this rate, I wonder if I will outlive this dog and cat. Missy is almost nine and Slinky, an old Shar Pei, is almost 14.

No comments: