Monday, November 21, 2011

A Very Busy Day

This has been a doozy of a day! I filed for an hour and a half and then I worked all the rest of the morning moving the divorce files from one room's file cabinet to the other room and a different file cabinet and finally got that part of the job finished. Then I relabeled the file cabinets so we now know what is really in each of them.

After I left work at noon, I went to the bank to get some cash for the week. After that I deposited the money from last night's worship service at a different bank and came home and wrote the check for the Genesis ministry and got it in the mail. Then I went to Dollar General, Braums and Country Mart and bought a few groceries. When I got home, I baked my two cakes and when they cooled I iced them. I have loaded them into my car's trunk now. Bob A. has bought a German chocolate cake and the others from Dennis, rural Independence and Neodesha will be bringing them to Independence themselves. We have twelve.

I heard from Sue today. She counted 53 shoeboxes for our Samaritan Child project. She did a wonderful job with that project. She asked if someone else could preside for her on December 4th. I asked Bob A. if he would do that and he agreed. I made up the bulletin for him so all he has to do is preside. I will ask Leslie to help me serve the communion that morning.

Karan just brought her cake. Phyllis F. came with hers just before Karan came. I have them all loaded into my truck now.

I did a dumb thing. I was carrying my laptop into the kitchen where Slinky was resting and stepped over my baracade between the dining room and the kitchen and caught my foot on the baracade and fell over it onto the kitchen floor on both my knees. The pain was excruiating for just a minute. But I recovered and didn't even drop the laptop. I held it up so it wouldn't hit the floor. My knees seem to be alright now. I will take a hot bath after awhile and hope for the best. I obviously did not break anything.

Bob will go with me to take the cakes up to Independence tomorrow. Then we will go to Big Cheese and have lunch. It's supposed to rain tonight and maybe even tomorrow so we may be taking those cakes in the rain.

He saw Phyllis today and he said she was in pretty good humor today and visited with him briefly. He patted her hand until she fell asleep. My poor sister.

2 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, I know I've said it before, but you are an inspiration. About your fall: I've done much the same thing, and my first reaction was to look around to be sure no one else saw me do it! I hope you are okay tomorrow. You do so much for so many other people, it would be only right if you woke up without a single bruise.

Margie's Musings said...

Clair, I did wake up without a single bruise. It's a miracle I didn't break something at my age.

Thank you for your concern.