Monday, November 21, 2011

A Monday Workday

I am going to work today and tomorrow to make up for losing Thursday and Friday this week. There will be plenty for me to do even if there is no filing. I still have to move all of the 2006 and possibly the 2007 divorce files into the file cabinet in the room next to the office. That will make room for 2012 in the front office files. Then there's all those files across the hall that must be moved over to make room for the LD files from the hall on this side right outside of the courtroom to make room for the 2009 LD files from the office. Those LD files from 2005 can be destroyed. What a huge job. But it's honest work so who cares?

I want to keep this week relatively free of anything other than Thanksgiving. I need to bake my two cakes this afteroon and if the cooks will be at the First Christian Church tomorrow, I will go with Bob A. after work to take them to Independence. We may eat at Big Cheese afterward.

Wednesday after work I have a hair appointment so that means another trip to Independence. Then Thursday morning, I start cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I need to put my turkey in the frig to thaw today. I need to get a birthday card for Christina, my granddaughter, today. Her birthday is Saturday. I will also need to go to the market and get my groceries.

Slinky finally calmed down last night after a spell of barking. He slept until 12:30am when he needed to go out to pee and then came right back in and went back to sleep. He slept until after 5:00am. He has had his dog food as well as his oatmeal this morning and is outside now at least for awhile. He may be able to stay out today. It's 38 degrees right now and it's supposed to get up to 47 degrees today. He needs to be outside as much as possible. He will have to spend the winter either in the garage while I am at work or in the kitchen when I am home. I wish I could afford to buy him an igloo to put on the patio but the large ones are $200.00 at Orchelon's and he is going into his 14th year next year. I don't know how long he will live after that so I hate to invest in an igloo. Missy, my cat, also slept inside last night on my bed and slept all night so I got a good night's sleep.

The services last night were good. Not my kind of services but still good. There was lots of praise singing and hand raising. The sermon was very good. I especially like Rev. Mark W. and he likes me. He calls me "mom". The attendance could have been better but it was a cold night. The offering came to well over $400. That goes to Genesis to help the poor with their utilities and rent. On the bright side, there were a lot of youth there. The First Church of the Nazarene has a small praise band and the pastor and his wife both have great singing voices so they led the singing along with another man who sings the harmony. She is a music teacher at the elementary school here. They live across the alley from me.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

When I lived in Caney KS I attended Tyro Christian Chuck....It is lovely. I have a friend that still goes there and when I go back to visit her I always love going to Church Services..

Margie's Musings said...

4th sister, I lived in Caney, Kansas for 11 years back in the late sixties and until 1981.