Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Again

Thank goodness it's Friday. This has been a very busy week. Next week will be just as busy. I probably should work Monday and Tuesday since the office will be closed Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. I'll check with Bonnie today. If Faye works and does scanning, I will have filing. If I do work Monday and Tuesday, Someone else will need to take the cakes to Independence on Tuesday.

I am having a small Thanksgiving dinner Thursday. Only Leslie and John will be here. I bought an eight pound bird. That's the smallest I've ever fixed. We will have the traditional meal. Turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, (my daughter doesn't like sweet potatoes) green bean casserole, fruit salad and hot rolls. My daughter is bringing the pie...probably pumpkin. I love cranberry salad but I'm the only one who does. So I won't fix that. Having just the three of us is certainly better then being alone. Leslie is on call so there's the possibility she will be called away. Jeromy and his family are going to Topeka for Thanksgiving this year and so they will be with us for Christmas. Christina is in Kuwait, Sara is in Texas, Scott is in Germany, Ashley is in Georgia, Jerod is in Alaska, and Keith and Esther are in Phoenix so the family is scattered.

Bob A. and I are going to have lunch today in Cherryvale at the buffet there. We always like that opportunity to have some veggies. Neither of us eats too healthy most of the time. We both exist on Schwann's TV dinners and sandwiches...some homemade and some from fast food. I had a steak sandwich, fries and a small shake at Braums yesterday afternoon. Certainly nothing there too healthy.

Tomorrow he and I will have breakfast at Eggberts. He may go to the Craft Fair with me but I haven't asked him yet. I asked Leslie but she has Maia tomorrow and is also on call this weekend too. So she may not go. I also want to go see Phyliis in the morning. I haven't seen her since last Saturday. I worked Monday and had that evaluation meeting Tuesday so I have not seen her for a week.

I am anxiously waiting for my tax bill. I am concerned that they may have raised my taxes this year. I protested the evaluation and got it lowered but they can always raise the mill levy. I have the money saved for taxes but unfortunately my house insurance also comes due in January. It's always something.

No comments: