Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Busy Tuesday

This will be a fairly busy day. In a few moments I will need to bake my two cakes for the dinner tonight at Independence's First Christian Church. I have Phyllis F's cake already and Cyndi will be bringing hers later this morning. Karan will bring hers today too.

I probably need to remind her. She gets so busy she forgets a lot of things.

I hope Bob A. will go with me and help me carry them in. Then perhaps afterward we will eat at Big Cheese.

He learned yesterday at the doctor's office that using Prilosac is just a stop gap treatment and will not "fix" his problem. Meds will not do anything permanent. They have stopped working in his case and he is often sick after eating. He really needs the surgery. The valve that is supposed to close to keep food from coming back up..is no longer there so there is nothing to stop him from the constant reflux. Dr. Sandhu will take a stitch or two in that opening where the valve is supposed to be and that will create a valve and allow it to close once again.

He went to Bartlesville to do the paperwork in preparation for another test to have a look at that area in his esophogus and see how bad it is. He has an appointment on the 13th to get that done. I will drive him back afterward. I have an appointment in Bartlesville too on the 12th. Dr. Eslicker is going to scrape and cauterize the place on my chin where I have a basal cell carcinoma. So we will be in Bartlesville next week two days in a row.

Well, I had better get those cakes baked. Perhaps more later...

I went to start my car after I got the cakes out of the oven and it just about didn't start. Finally, it turned over just enough for me to give it a little gas and it took hold. I went up to Gary's Automative and had Brandon check the battery. The battery was fine (it was only two years old). He said sometimes these older Hondas do that. The car is a 2001 vehicle and has 153,000 miles on it. He suggested I should start by having the plugs checked. I don't recall the last time I had anything done with them. So I have an appointment to take the car in to have them checked on Friday. Then I went on to visit Phyllis at Windsor Place. Bob A. will take me to work on Friday and I will leave the car with Gary's. I have no idea what that will cost. It certainly isn't in my budget.

We did take the cakes to Independence later and we did eat at Big Cheese.

I came home and cleaned my bathrooms and read the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: