Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Again

I had a really good time yesterday evening. The Living Christmas Tree was really neat and the music was lovely. The fellowship of the folks from the bus from Trinity United Methodist Church was also great. The meal at Crackerbarrel was good and I sat with some folks I didn't know. It's always a good idea to get acquainted with someone new. It rained all afternoon and even into the evening and I had considered just staying home where it was dry and warm. Then I reconsidered that idea. I had paid for the trip and the performance and if I didn't go, I would not only lose my money but I would have just sat around all evening with nothing to do but read. I can read all winter. I decided to go on and go and I am so glad I did.

Today will be busy. Bob A. will be presiding and I will have Leslie help me serve the communion. I also have the sermon. It's the one published below on this blog.

Slinky stayed out last night. I had put him in the garage where it was relatively warm and went on to bed. The minute I went to bed, he started barking. So I got up and let him outside. It wasn't too cold so he climbed back up on the chaise and stayed outside. I got the first truly uninterupted sleep in ages and I slept until 6:00...amazing! It must have been the trip and the fact that my tummy was full. I don't usually eat dinner if I've had a good lunch. But yesterday I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and Slinky got half of that.

So this afternoon after lunch, I will do my letters and then fix my dessert for tonight's dinner over at Bobby and Karan's with the Living the Questions group. I want to go out to Wal Mart too and get some frozen rolls to take. I will have to put Slinky in the garage tonight. It's supposed to be very cold. In fact, tomorrow it's supposed to snow. We'll see.

No comments: