Friday, January 20, 2012

Ah, Friday At Last!

This is the last day this week to work.

Last night I went to bed at 8:00 and it's a good thing I did too. Slinky woke me up almost every hour on the hour after midnight. What a dog! I don't know what to do with him. I am tempted to give him one of my sleeping pills so I can get some sleep.

I took the broom to nudge him out of my flowerbed during one of his trips outside and he growled and barked at me.

This evening at 7:00 I will host my class reunion planning committee. I should be making my pumpkin bars right now but I will make them after work, I guess. I need to go to the market too and get a few things. I am out of coffee and I need to get the cake mixes and lidded pans for Tuesday's cakes for the First Christian Church dinner in Independence. Also I want to get some tomato soup. I like tomato soup with my grilled cheese sandwiches. Sometimes that's what I have for lunch.

This evening I will meet with one of my classmates at 5:15 at Lannings for dinner. Then we will discuss possible dinner plans for the classmates there in their private room this fall. Finally we will come out to the house to prepare for the meeting at 7:00.

It will be a busy day.

More..

The classmate called this morning to say he is renovating his house and has run onto a mess. He had to cancel dinner but will try to get to the meeting. The weather has turned nasty so I don't look for him to come. It was misting this morning. I wonder how many will come tonight?

I have the pumpkin bars in the oven. I hope they turn out. I have not made them before. This is Leslie's recipe.

I made up the potato soup mix that Bob A gave me for Christmas. I had cup of it for lunch with half a grilled cheese sandwich. It was really good! It is Wind and Willow and for a mix it is excellent.

The bars are out now and they are supposed to cool for thirty minutes before I cut them into bars. Then I am to refrigerate them. I hope they are good! They smell good!

No comments: