Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What Politifact.com Says

Romney’s claim that more Americans have lost their jobs under president Obama then any other president is accurate if you count from every president’s first day in office to his final day -- by those standards, Obama is indeed the only president since World War II to have presided over a net job loss. But if you compare each president from one year into his term to one year after the end of the administration -- a plausible approach if you hope to capture what kind of impact their policies had on the economy -- Obama’s job statistics shift into positive territory, while George W. Bush’s fall into negative territory.

The fact that Obama’s -- or any other president's -- numbers can change dramatically depending on what timeline you use suggests that Romney’s conclusion isn't as telling as it sounds. Throw in PolitiFact’s perennial reminder that no politician is the sole cause of either jobs lost or jobs created, and we arrive at a ruling of Mostly False.

I follow Politifact.com because the site is a Pullitizer Prise winning site for determining the truth or falsity of various statements of polititians. I recommend the site to determine truth or falsity of statements and claims during this election year.

Slinky slept out last night until 1:30...that's when it got cold. I let him into the utility room then. He has been pretty good ths morning. He is lying here now napping in the warm kitchen.

I will change my bed today and wash my sheets and towels. That's about all I have on my schedule. If it warms up enough before noon, I will go out to see Phyllis.

No comments: