Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Good Night's Sleep

Maybe there's hope for Slinky to sleep through the night after all. He was in the house last night until time for me to leave for my meeting and it was 50 degrees on the patio so I put him out. I got home at 9:00 and he was sleeping soundly out there so believing in the old axium "let sleeping dogs lie", I left him there. When I fed him I had given him a Benedril too. About 11:30, he began to bark and knowing it was supposed to get COLD last night, I got up and let him into the kitchen and told him to "go to bed". He did. I never heard another peep out of him until 4:30 this morning when he needed to go out to pee. I went back to bed until 5:00 and so did he. Oh, if he would just do that every night! Is that too much to hope?

Today I don't have a lot on my plate. This afternoon I will bake my two cakes for tomorrow's dinner at the First Christian Church in Independence. I need to run to the market to get another icing or make up my own. I could make my own. I believe I have the makings. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees again today so Slinky can go outside later.

Our guest minister for next Sunday had to cancel yesterday with an emergency so I will have next Sunday's sermon too. I will need to work on that today. I roughed it out last night.

Tomorrow morning I will take the cakes I've collected to Independence and eat lunch up there at Big Cheese. Bob A. will go with me to help me take them in. Tomorrow evening I have a library board meeting and also a library foundation meeting. I agreed to take minutes at the foundation meeting. The board meeting is at 5:00 and the foundation meeting is at 6:00. That's tomorrow.

Wednesday, after work, I will go back up to Independence and have my hair done.

I am trying to simplify my life this week since later in the week I will need to make cookies for Saturday's Martin Luther King services. That Saturday morning, I will make a pot of chili for it too.

No comments: