Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Again

Well, it's Sunday again and I will have church this morning. Bob A. will be here at nine to pick me up.

Yesterday went well. We had breakfast with Bob A, I went out to see Phyllis (although she was in a bad shape...barely cognisant). Then we went out to John and Leslie's house. John had to work so we just visited with Leslie. About 11:30, I called in an order for a large pizza and went into town to pick it up. We ate that and visited awhile longer before Becky and Scott left for Bristoe to pick up her horse, Chester. Today, they will leave there for Wichita where she will get her taxes done. Then they will go back to Fort Scott. Wednesday Leslie and I plan to go to Parsons to meet them to take the car back...the one she loaned to Scott so he could come see me. Leslie will follow me in her SUV and bring me home afterward. It will be a big day.

Today, after church, as usual, we will eat out together somewhere. This afternoon I will do my usual letters. And this evening I will watch 60 minutes and after that, if I can find it, Harry's Law. They were supposed to have moved it to Sunday evening.

Slinky woke me up four times last night but I got right back to sleep each time. I didn't get much sleep the night before so I had gone to bed at 7:00. He is lying here at my feet on his cushion napping right now. He has had his dog food and his oatmeal and is full. Scott offered to take him and have him put down for me but I couldn't bring myself to let him do that. When he is good, he is very, very good...and good company.

6 comments:

patsy said...

i found Harry's law last night.

Balisha said...

So glad you aren't going to put Slinky down. I feel like I know that dog. I think you would miss his company. So glad you were able to have some time with your son. Have a nice evening. I don't think Harry's Law is on tonight.
Balisha

Elaine in Florida said...

I am also very glad you aren't putting Slinky down...he is adorable...just an old fellow!!

Elaine in Florida said...

I am also very glad you aren't putting Slinky down. He is adorable and depends on you! :)

Elaine in Florida said...

Sorry about the double entry..I am having computer difficulties and didn't realize the first comment posted.

Margie's Musings said...

I finally noticed it was on Saturday night and not Sunday night, Patsy. Thanks for confirming it.

No, I just couldn't do it, Balisha, and I couldn't let Scott do it either.

I understand, Elaine. I have had the same thing happen once or twice.