Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chilly Saturday

This is a chilly morning since we had rain all day yesterday. We needed the rain desperately but it sure kept me home after work.

My brother-in-law came over to bring me his check for his Silver Dollar City tickets and we visited for awhile. I rode with him to Independence to pick up his granddaughter after school. Her parents had gone to Topeka because her dad needed to have some tests done at the VA hospital there. We will meet again at Eggberts this morning for breakfast.

I have some work to do today. I need to spruce up the house again and finish my laundry. I have stripped my bed and have my bedding and underwear in the washer now. Next will be my towels.

I will have the Living the Questions group tomorrow evening so I will need to make some brownies to serve them. I guess I will also serve swiss mocha, chai tea and coffee for those who want it. The superbowl is that night too so we may be a small group...which will be fine because I only have a 15 foot square living room.

Slinky slept well last night. He woke me up twice to go out but only after 3:30. I had gone to bed at 9:00.

Politically, the president made a huge gaffe yesterday. He has alienated the Catholic church and many evangelicals by saying they will need to be able to provide contraceptives through the insurance they offer their employees. That one statement may cost him the election.

More later.....

I went to breakfast with my brother-in-law and then came home and began working on my income tax. It took the rest of the morning and I missed my opportunity to go see my sister.

Then this afternoon I began working on the letters to my classmates to tell them about our class reunion. I got 104 of the envelopes and letters printed off, got them stamped and in the mail. That's one big job finished. I e-mailed the 88 that are online. I've already begun hearing from them.

No comments: