Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day

See that lump under my bedspread? That's Missy, my silly cat. She loves to crawl under there and hide. I guess she thinks I can't see her since she can't see me. Silly cat!

Today is President's Day and I am off work. The office is closed. I will miss a half a day tomorrow too because I will be taking the cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church for their free dinner tomorrow evening. I will bake mine this afternoon and ice them this evening. In about thirty minutes I will call Juanita and see how her knee is coming along. She has been suffering with her knee for at least a month now. She wants to go to lunch if it ever clears up. Poor woman...she's 90 now and it has not been pleasant so far.

I was sick last night. I had stomach cramps and diarrhea all evening. I even missed most of 60 Minutes. Finally about 8:30, it stopped and I went to bed exhausted. I think it was the fish and chips I had for lunch. It was pretty greasy.

This week, I will work 8:00 until 5:00. That will make up for the lost four hours on Tuesday. I don't know what they will have me doing all those hours. I get paid this Thursday and it will be the first paycheck since I began working 28 hours a week. Maybe I will learn what my new pay will net.

My brother-inlaw read this blog this morning and came over to see if I was alrright today. He suggested we go over to Eggberts and have lunch so we did. They have a very nice and small chicken fried steak that is just the right size for us and is ony $4.95. We have had it on several occasions.

My grandson called this morning to tell me I could come out after 4:00 and see the new great granddaughter. They have named her Cheyenne Sky. I am really dying to see her. I will drive out there after 4:00 and perhaps take some photos too.

No comments: