Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cakes Today

This is the day I take the cakes to Independence to the Christian Church. Wouldn't you know, it's raining. I hope it lets up when I take the cakes up there. It's hard to balance cakes and an umbrella.

I will go to work at 1:00. I make up the four hours I miss on the Tuesdays I do this by staying until 5:00 those weeks. This is payday week. It's good never to be completely broke since I have these extra hours.

Tonight I will watch the American Experience TV show. I watched PBS last night but finally gave up at 9:30 and went to bed. It was a huge day. One good thing about it is I am sleeping much better. This Friday is Good Friday and the office is closed. I am off Fridays anyhow.

I've been reading the blogs of some of my online friends. Some are discussing the political scene. Personally I think President Obama has done remarkably well considering the hostile opposition of the present Congress. Now it appears the Supreme Court will decide whether the health care law is constitutional. Here's the situation: Presently our tax dollars pay for the health care for those who either cannot afford the present exorbitant rates of the insurance companies, or they choose not to buy insurance. Therefore, we pay their bill. As far as whether the law is unconstitutional, if it isn't, neither is Social Security or Medicare. We are compelled to pay for those whether we want them or not. That is for the common good and so is national health care. We are the only first world country without it and we have some of the worst health care too. Look at the statistics.

I will vote for Obama's second term. He does relate to the common man. After reading the biography of Romney, I would not vote for him. Santorum is not even realistic and neither are the other candidates.

I mowed again after I got off work. It may rain again tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: