Monday, June 25, 2012

Another Monday

It's another Monday and I hope I have enough work at work to keep me busy. I will be very busy outside of work. When I get home from work, I'll need to bake my two cakes for the trip to Independence tomorrow. Then I will have to mow. Tomorrow while I'm in Independence, I will get my hair done too. After I mow it's always a mess.

It's supposed to be very hot today...actually 101. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 102 or even hotter. And the humidity is horrendous. There's no wind today so it will be oppressive.

The office will be air conditioned like my house but when I go outside to mow, there will be no relief.

The meeting last night went well and my dessert was a hit.

More later....I'd better water my plants right now.

I bought a new book for my kindle today and could not get it to download. Also, I could not get my kindle to charge. I finally called Amazon and they walked me through troubleshooting. As it turned out, I had forgotten about my new router. It was not programmed to recognize it. As soon as I put the password in, it downloaded my new book and began to charge.

I have my two cakes in the oven and when I get them out I will mow. It's very hot out right now. I will have to be careful. I have the butter cake out now and the chocolate one is now ready to come out.

Update:

My brother-in-law, Bob, just called me. My sister Phyllis is beginning to shut down. Her kidneys are beginning to fail. It must have just been a temporary rally the past two weeks. She is chewing her lips so badly now that they are bleeding and he went out to get a mouth guard to get her to stop doing that. And there is blood and other sediment in her urine. They had to change her catheter today. The hospice nurse says that's one of the signs too. She quit eating again Sunday and has not eaten since Saturday evening.

I am going to cancel my hair appointment in the morning and go out there to see her. I can take the cakes up later in the morning.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie..It sounds like your sister is failing. I've been with a few people at the end of their lives and these are definitely the signs. You've been so good to her...I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
Balisha

ChuckFu said...

Been praying for her and the whole family mom love you

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks...both of you.